We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Household Energy Bill – Additional Support

By KCC Household Support Fund Team Detling Parish Council

Tuesday, 23 January 2024




Additional support with household energy costs - Debt Advice Scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)

Kent County Council is currently working with Citizens Advice North and West Kent to support residents on low incomes who are taking positive steps to address their debts. Residents could be eligible for additional support towards their household energy bill and receive up to £500 (subject to eligibility criteria).

Eligibility Criteria

To be eligible for this scheme, residents must at a minimum meet the following qualifying criteria:

  • Be aged 16 or over.
  • Be a Kent resident, permanently living within one of the 12 local authorities covered by Kent County Council (this excludes Medway, Bromley, and Bexley)
  • Be responsible for paying the household energy bill (one award per household). If a partner is awarded an energy card, but is not the main energy account holder, they can still use the card against the household energy costs.
  • Be accessing support through the ‘Kent Money Advice Hub’.

Other eligibility criteria will apply and be assessed through the debt advice process.

Funding is limited so if you meet the above criteria you must contact the Kent Money Advice Hub as soon as possible by clicking on the link below and contacting the Kent Money Advice Hub via ‘video call’ in the first instance.

Kent Money Advice Hub

This support is funded by the UK Governments Household Support Fund – the scheme will close once all funds are spent or before the 31 March 2024.

Household Support Fund Team – Kent County Council

Contact Information

KCC Household Support Fund Team

  • 03000412424

Find Detling Parish Council

Detling, Maidstone, Kent